Thursday, February 12, 2009

OH looky no death!

Well to start the weather has been pretty amazing. We have had mostly sunny, 5o degree days now for over a month. It did turn a bit colder earlier this week and we actually has snow all day on Tuesday but none of it stuck.

We have had no animal deaths for awhile now, knock wood. Feed prices are dropping a bit since gas has gone down. We got a new Golden Retriever pup. We are calling her Janey or Sweet Jane after the Cowboy Junkies song of the same name. No there are no pot head connotations there, just happen to be the name that one the majority vote.

In other news....

While I am glad to have another farm dog, I am SO very sick of cleaning up after Miss Jane. That pup poops more than any creature I have ever set eyes on. She has no qualms about pooping on the carpet, in the kitchen, by the back door, in the herb garden, in the bathroom....girl gets a notion to go and by golly she just does.

To say that life has been crappy is pretty apropos.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring more sunshine and less dog doo.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Herein I am compiling a journal of my trials, tribulations and hopefully, triumphs as I try my hand at Hobby Farming and Sustainability.

At Little Farm the ground is hard pack clay on bedrock, surrounded by a wooded 1.75 acres. Not quite ideal growing conditions, for plants or animals.

Join me as I try to make things grow and thrive. Join me on my journey toward Sustainability.

Blog Archive

stat counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP