Thursday, February 19, 2009

Time keeps on slippin'

Man! It's time to plant pea's already! The weather has been amazing, my attitude has been chipper and determined, yet I have not been motivated to get off my tookus and ready the garden beds for the blasted pea's.

Every time I say "pea's" I hear a sing-song child's voice twittering to the tune "Pea's porridge hot....pea's porridge cold".

In the garden things are starting to green up quite nicely. Cheerful purple violets are peeking their heads out from under a mulch of dried leaves and pine needles. All across the property the cyclamen have leafed out; their mottled green and black leaves adding color and texture to the otherwise bland landscape. Daily I check the progress of the daffodil buds, peeking under the trees as if I were a child sneaking into Christmas presents.


All of this bustle and growth and yet the pea's remain in their packaging.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Herein I am compiling a journal of my trials, tribulations and hopefully, triumphs as I try my hand at Hobby Farming and Sustainability.

At Little Farm the ground is hard pack clay on bedrock, surrounded by a wooded 1.75 acres. Not quite ideal growing conditions, for plants or animals.

Join me as I try to make things grow and thrive. Join me on my journey toward Sustainability.

Blog Archive

stat counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP