Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring??

For the last few weeks it has been raining sideways, day and night. And then out of the blue, it started snowing. It has been snowing/raining for the last few days. It has been bitter cold but the ground isn't cold enough for the snow to stick.

Every one has been sick and I never got around to sowing my pea's or green's, now I'm glad I didn't. They all would have froze. With the weather all wonky like this, when is a girl to plant her pea's?

This crazy weather is cramping my (garden) style.

In other news:

The cat's are in heat. This is quite a show to experience. These girls roll around on the floor moaning and wailing day and night. At one point Janie (the puppy) was playing with Abigail (the cat) and the cat got the wrong idea. At first blush, I thought: Oh cool, they are finally getting along. Then I figured out what that crazy cat was thinking. It was so weird!

Poor confused kitty.

Poor confused puppy.

Maybe the weather will change soon and things will get back to normal. And I can plant my pea's.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Herein I am compiling a journal of my trials, tribulations and hopefully, triumphs as I try my hand at Hobby Farming and Sustainability.

At Little Farm the ground is hard pack clay on bedrock, surrounded by a wooded 1.75 acres. Not quite ideal growing conditions, for plants or animals.

Join me as I try to make things grow and thrive. Join me on my journey toward Sustainability.

Blog Archive

stat counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP