Monday, March 16, 2009

Planting stuff

Toward the end of last week and part of the weekend, we had the most amazing weather; crisp Spring air, bright cloudless blue skies. With the promise of sunny days we set to work about the farm. For the past two weeks though, we have all been nursing this flu/cold bug. Needless to say, we slowly worked about the farm. We took naps in between planting and trimming. We sat in the sun sipping tea between bouts of brush hauling and pooper scooping. All told it was a fab-u-lous AND productive week/weekend.

In the kitchen garden I planted 3 kinds of lettuce and finally got the peas in the ground. Woot! Woot! Hubby cut the water spouts from the fruit trees and did tons of clean up.

On Sunday the torrential downpours started back up again. I feel like we just dodged the bullet there. I just hope that the rain doesn't wash my seeds away.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Herein I am compiling a journal of my trials, tribulations and hopefully, triumphs as I try my hand at Hobby Farming and Sustainability.

At Little Farm the ground is hard pack clay on bedrock, surrounded by a wooded 1.75 acres. Not quite ideal growing conditions, for plants or animals.

Join me as I try to make things grow and thrive. Join me on my journey toward Sustainability.

Blog Archive

stat counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP