Monday, September 28, 2009

Time Flies

I have to say I was shocked to see how long it has been since I posted here.  It was my intent to keep a detailed journal of my farm life here for referencing purposes.  Ah well, "the best laid plans..."




I have been canning.  NON-stop.  This brings me an amazing sense of joy and stress.  I have never canned on my own before.  I have read and re-read books and checked web sites till I thought my eyes might bleed.  I took notes.  I called mom.  Then I prayed we wouldn't all die from botulism.

Everything I have put up was either grown here on our farm or purchased from other local farmers.  Man that feels good!

So far I have canned the following:
Tuna
Peaches
Beans
Tomatoes
Grape juice


Freezer larder:

Corn
Wild Plums
Black and Blue berries


With all of this food  put up I am feeling more prepared for the coming winter than I have felt in previous years; also much more exhausted.

Today I am declaring a holiday:  Farmwide Take A Break Day!

0 comments:

About This Blog

Herein I am compiling a journal of my trials, tribulations and hopefully, triumphs as I try my hand at Hobby Farming and Sustainability.

At Little Farm the ground is hard pack clay on bedrock, surrounded by a wooded 1.75 acres. Not quite ideal growing conditions, for plants or animals.

Join me as I try to make things grow and thrive. Join me on my journey toward Sustainability.

Blog Archive

stat counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP