Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Starting the season

My seeds are ordered. Some of my planting beds are prepared and ready to plant.  Things seem to be coming together. Somewhat.

The greenhouse is in serious dissary. It has become the winter dumping ground for all those things that no one knows where to stash.  At present it is also home to 12 Ameracauna chicks, a few dying pepper plants from last year and some pea sprouts that have been sorely neglected.

In the kitchen window I started a few things on 3-5: Tomatoes, cabbages and peppers. The cabbages have ALL sprouted. Go, cabbages go!

The rain has really got me down. Everything is quite soaked.

Hopefully the seeds will come soon, I am going stir crazy waiting.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Herein I am compiling a journal of my trials, tribulations and hopefully, triumphs as I try my hand at Hobby Farming and Sustainability.

At Little Farm the ground is hard pack clay on bedrock, surrounded by a wooded 1.75 acres. Not quite ideal growing conditions, for plants or animals.

Join me as I try to make things grow and thrive. Join me on my journey toward Sustainability.

Blog Archive

stat counter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP